Rayos (formerly ElecTrec) Electric Bike
Here's the next big step in
electric bike price/performance. Imagine a bike similar to the well-regarded pre-2006 Currie
bike with a full suspension frame, a better battery system, a motorcycle-style
kickstand, better drive system, and superior quality throughout!
Like the Currie, the Rayos has
a lot of torque, independent human and electric drive systems, and a
drive system that freewheels when not in use. The electronics
shut the motor off at 80% battery discharge to avoid a full discharge
(which really shortens the life of lead-acid batteries). The
Rayos is an 8-speed bike that uses standard bike parts. Seats,
handlebars, brakes and other non-electric parts can be found at a
supercenter or bike store. Electric parts can be obtained from
Rayos dealers or the
The 2008 Rayos succeeds the highly popular ElecTrec and LashOut bikes. Improvements over the LashOut include:
- a high-end 600-watt MAC Hi-Torque Brushless Motor that climbs hills and accelerates very well.
- a direct-drive freewheeling propulsion system with oversized bearings for reliability.
- sealed bottom bracket.
- improved front suspension (107mm travel).
- and 8-Speed Shimano Altus Derailleur with protector.
- a 14 amp-hour 24-volt battery system for extended range.
Free Shipping to Lower 48 States using shopping cart below.